- Get outside every day. Even in the winter. Even when it is cold, windy and rainy. Every day.
- Take a meditative moment (1 minute, 30 seconds, 10 minutes) as the first thing you do when you get up in the morning and the last thing you do before bed. Try not to think too hard about this – just take a comfortable seat, or lie in bed awake, close your eyes, and take a pause. Perhaps create an intention/aim for your day.
- Bring an aspect of ritual to your meals. Light a candle. Sit down at a table. Take a brief pause (alone or with your family) before beginning to eat.
- Build in small routines that make you HAPPY and do them regularly. A little of your favorite essential oil in the morning, sitting outside with your tea, self-massage, practicing something creative – really anything that brings you joy.
- Practice balance in everything you do. Even in wellness. The trick here is that nothing is black and white, 100% of the time. Allow yourself some room when it comes to developing a new routine, or beginning a new diet regime. Life happens, regardless of our best intentions sometimes —- learn and practice more fluidity and less reactivity. You will be happy and succeed in what you do.
- Know that self-care is quite the opposite of indulgent – it is necessary. Taking care of yourself should not be used as a reward – it truly is an essential practice that sets your foundation for happiness AND health.
We have several different video series that cover issues such as Concussion Treatment, ADHD & ADD Treatment, Balancing Female Hormones and more.
In each of the video series, Dr. Shannon O’Keefe or Dr. Janell Matz provides educational information about how to take an alternative approach to treatment utilizing a functional medicine model.